- Start by making the syrup: To make the syrup place equal amounts of sugar and water into a pot until it starts to boil (constantly mix)
- Make sure: you have a good object to crush with and s very sturdy glass that will not break while you are mixing. Also have a tin of some kind to pour the Mojito into so you can mix your drink properly.
- Have light rum: Make sure you have light rum (preferred but not needed) or grey goose vodka (pear) would be the most recommended to use for a Mojito. You also need fresh limes, mint, soda water, and sugar.
- Cut the limes into quarters and pick the stem leaves off of its stem: Once you have done that take the mint leaves (about 5) and place into a cup. Add 1/2 oz of the sugar and water mix with a piece of lime. Now it is time for you to add your rum (1-1/2 oz) and mix it all together (make sure you mix well).
- Fill the glass with ice (while mix is still in the glass) and pour into the tin.
- Mix it around in the tin and pour back into the glass